Monday, June 4, 2012

Wounded Warrior Project






I spoke to a great lady recently who told me about this project, and that I needed to read about it. I have always wanted to volunteer at a rehab facility for wounded soldiers, but there isn't one close by. So this is my way of volunteering! The lady was telling me about her brother that was injured recently and lost one of his feet to an IED in Afghanistan, and how much the Wounded Warrior Project really helped him out when he was out of the hospital. The simple things that we take for granted like being able to put on a pair of pants, is complicated for these men and women. WWP, gives out Velcro shorts to the warriors so they can have some since of normalcy, and not have to wear one of those gowns that the hospital gives you. They also provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members. These men and women have given so much for you and me, don't you think we can give them our support and love in return? 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers