Thursday, June 21, 2012

Make-Up Brushes You Must Have!!

Please do not tell me your one of those ladies that use brushes that come with your make-up container! If so, please stop and read this!! The only time I use a brush that comes with the container is when I am using my eyeshadow to pat the eyeliner in on my water line of my eye, and that is it, period! Here are 7 brushes that every woman needs in her make-up kit!

1. Foundation Brush. Most people apply foundation with their fingertips or a sponge, and although there is nothing wrong with that, a foundation brush gives a totally flawless finish with no streaks or lines. Also, it actually saves on product because a sponge tends to absorb most of the foundation you put on it. A foundation brush is flat with long bristles that are soft too the touch. If it feels coarse, don’t buy it—it’s not a high quality brush. To apply, simply pour a bit of product on the back of your hand, dip the brush into it, and apply on your face. Gives a smooth, perfect finish.

2. Powder Brush. A powder is large and fluffy and is used to apply face powder as a finishing touch to your make up look. It gives a more natural finish then a sponge or powder puff. To use, swirl the brush in your loose powder or compact, tap excess product off, and apply on face. Make sure you invest in one made with natural material such as sable, goat or badger.
 3. Highlighting & Bronzer Brush. Used to apply bronzer and highlighter, this brush looks like a smaller powder brush. Apply bronzer to your cheekbones first and then blush only to the apples of your cheeks. Blend the bronzer and blush together well for a natural looking glow.  I have two of these brushes and I use one for the all over highlighter that I have.


 4. Eye Shadow Brush. An eye shadow brush has short bristles and is used for applying shadow on the eye lid up to the brow bone. I love Sonja Kashuk's medium eye shadow brush!
 5. Blending Brush. This is used to blend eye shadow to eliminate streaks and division lines between colors. This brush is crucial because the worst you can do is go out with unblended makeup. It has a rounded tip and soft fibers and can be used to blend colors as well as soften eye shadow applied on the crease.
 6. Blush Brush. They resemble smallish powder brushes with either a sloped or rounded tip. Great for applying blush or bronzer to cheeks.
 7. Eyebrow Brush. Not as stiff as an eyebrow brush, eyeshadow brushes have square heads used to evenly apply both powder and cream shadows to eyelids. I reach for this brush so often that I might as well have it permanently attached to my hand! Expect to use these a lot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers