Thursday, June 7, 2012

Touching Moments In Life

Have you ever watched a movie, heard a song, visited an old friend, or just people watched and in that moment you see or hear something and it just touches you deeply, so deeply that you tear up and cry? I have had a few of those moments recently, I'm not sure why but everyone of them has really made me have a new appreciation for the simple pleasure that life gives us. For instance a few weeks ago, I was not having one of the best days and a friends daughter told me that I was beautiful and that my outfit that I had on made her think that I should have been in the movie Aladdin! Ava really made me stop and take a step back and think to myself, things are not as bad as you think they are Twana.  I love the innocence that children have don't you? 


I went to visit my grand-mother this past Sunday and had lunch with her. Now mind you she has Alzheimer and sometimes she doesn't even know that my mom is even her daughter, but when I walked in the house and she looked up at me and said "Hi, Twana," that just touched my soul in ways I can't even explain!! 


A lady on my Facebook tonight posted that her cousin that passed away a few years ago of Ovarian Cancer, came to her last night in her dreams. It amazes me how God knows when we need to see our loved ones that have gone on before us from time to time, and he knows just how to show them to us! 


I know some of you may think that Harry Potter is just a silly children's movie, but last night when I was watching the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the 100th time the part that shows Snape passing away really touches me and I think you should all watch it. It amazes me how much he really loved Lilly, and kept Harry out of harm even though it seemed that he was the evil one out to get Harry. 


 
"You think the dead we love ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them most plainly when we need?" J.K. Rowling

And this song/poem like I said yesterday has really been on my mind a lot lately. The words are amazing, but to listen to Loreena McKennitt sing it, it give me chills! 

Dante's Prayer


When the dark wood fell before me
And all the paths were overgrown
When the priests of pride say there is no other way
I tilled the sorrows of stone

I did not believe because I could not see
Though you came to me in the night
When the dawn seemed forever lost
You showed me your love in the light of the stars

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your soul to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me

Then the mountain rose before me
By the deep well of desire
From the fountain of forgiveness
Beyond the ice and the fire

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your soul to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me

Though we share this humble path, alone
How fragile is the heart
Oh give these clay feet wings to fly
To touch the face of the stars

Breathe life into this feeble heart
Lift this mortal veil of fear
Take these crumbled hopes, etched with tears
We'll rise above these earthly cares

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your soul to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me.
.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers