Saturday, February 25, 2012

Adele Photoshopped? Vogue Magazine...It's Time To GET REAL!!

Now I am sure as many of you know I am a HUGE fan of Adele and fashion. So when I saw the latest Vogue Magazine cover at first I was excited, because it's Adele. Then I took a closer look, and thought WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO HER BODY??? I mean really? Everyone knows Adele is a plus size woman, and is damn proud of it, just as I am! Seriously it was Adele's face (sort of) but it was so Photoshopped it made me sick! 




I posted two magazine covers so you could see for yourself. Now I am sure that Cosmo did a few "touch ups" but nothing compared to Vogues. Young women look at these magazine covers and compare their bodies to them. If they don't think they add up to what they see, then that's when the dieting, anorexia, bulimia,plastic surgery, you name it starts! It breaks my heart when I hear about the impact that the media has on young girls, and even older women too. I don't understand why we can not love who we are and how we look. I recently heard on the news that a lot of young girls are taking to youtube to post videos asking "Do you think I'm pretty or ugly?"  Of course there are people out there who care nothing for peoples feelings and will say anything. Where are these girls parents? Where have all of the good role models for the young gone to? So I want to challenge all of you reading this to take a stand.  Stand up for it not only right, but for what is just! Adele herself said "The first thing to do is be happy with yourself and appreciate your body-- only then should you try to change things about yourself." I was made fun of, and I wanted to look like the women I saw on the cover of magazines, but I realized that's not who I am. I am me, a bigger woman in a small world. I love ME! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers