Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Friend Until The End....and Then Some

Well I am not going to lie, today was a really bad day for me. I didn't think I was even going to do a post when I got home, but that has all changed. My daily routine from coming home is to go to my computer and read all of the yahoo news first, facebook, then blog. So today as I opend yahoo news I see a story about a young man who was a Navy Seal by the name of  Jon Tumilson that was killed in that horrible helicopter accident on August 6. They had his funeral at the local high school, and his Labrador retriever named Hawkeye was in attendance. Tumilson was said to have called Hawkeye his son, they were that close. The dog followed a friend of Tumilson to the front of the auditorium when he was about to give his speech and laid down in front of the casket and stayed there the whole time. Here is a photo that was taken of Hawkeye at the funeral.


This just really made me take a step back and realize how lucky I am, even though I have had a rough day it doesn't even come close to the day this family had. I have a lab also, and the loyalty they have towards their owners is unfathomable. Dakota (my lab) will sit and wait for my dad every day under our mimosa tree and then run to greet him when he gets out of his truck. So to see Hawkeye mourn Tumilson really breaks my heart. I hope that where ever his family is, they know how grateful I am that he gave his life for our country. And I hope that God gives them the peace and rest they need in the coming future.  Take the time to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, you never know when it could be their time, and then you will never get that chance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers