Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When Someone Tells You Who They Are...Believe Them

Have you ever been talking to someone and they say something like, "I'm bad new, you don't want to be seen out in town with me." And thought, why would you say something like that about yourself? Well I have been thinking about somethings that people have said to me recently, and you know what...I have come to realize they were telling me the truth! I mean who knows your better than yourself, right? I am always looking for the best in people, assuming (or hoping) that their intentions are good and anything that they do to hurt me is an accident, but that’s not always the case. It hurts, of course when you come to the realization that people you love and care for have shown their true colors to you. You suddenly have an "awakening" as I call it, and the blinders come off. And your setting their scratching your head like, "Have you always been this way, or I'm just now seeing it?" But have you noticed that "these" people that do, and say these things are some of the most insecure people? Just give someone a enough time, or a few drinks and wham! Realism at it's best! I swear I thought I had gotten myself out of situations like this years ago (aka: HIGH SCHOOL) but oh no, nope I'm not that lucky! Yet, somehow every time these people do this crap they manage to get back into my good graces with long heartfelt apologies. I feel so bad for them, that I let them back in…only for them to do it again! You know when Puss from Shrek makes that face that melts your heart and then attacks you? Exactly...


When someone tells you who they are… believe them! This is a lesson I plan to take into ALL of my relationships moving forward.

-If a guy has three kids by three different women and he hasn’t married any of them, he won’t marry me if he gets me pregnant. I Believe!

-If a girl says “I can’t be friends with females”, she won’t be a good friend to me. I Believe!

-If a guy/girl says their not looking for a relationship, they won’t change their mind after I hook up with him. I Believe!

I could go on and on, but I think you get my point….

Have YOU ever chosen to ignore the warning signs from a friend/coworker/lover? How do you deal with people once they’ve shown their true colors?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers