Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time to Catch Up!!

Hey ya'll! It's been awhile hasn't it? I am so glad to get back into my normal routine of things, I'm telling you moving can just about drive a person crazy! How have all of you been? I am having a great weekend!! I finally went to see Harry Potter "The Deathly Hallows Part 2," and it was EPIC! I know some of you are thinking to yourselves, "Harry Potter, really?" but yes this is one of the many types of books/movies I love.
My family also had its 49th annual Meade Reunion yesterday. It was great to see everyone, now I for one am so blessed to come from such a great lineage as the one that I do. Hard workers, that were determined to rely on God, and live life to the fullest, is how I describe the Mead's. It was bittersweet though, we lost a couple of family members last year, and a few people did not get to come in this year. But next year, we will have them plus a couple of new ones to join us! I have two cousins that are expecting, and I am so excited to meet these little ones! This great family all started with two people that fell in love,  John and Winnie (Stanley) Meade) aka: Mommie & Poppie. Here is a photo of the day they were married.
And here is all of the children they had, except one, Joseph passed away before this photo was taken. In all there were 5 boys and 5 girls. There are only 4 remaining as of today.


We usually always have our reunions at the Flat Gap Community Center in Pound, VA.
 There is always good food, and great memories that are made each year at the Meade Reunion! So do any of your families have reunions? If not, you should! It is a great way to catch up and keep in touch with your family, because you never know when they will be gone and everyone needs to know where they come from!

I hope that everyone has a great rest of the weekend, and great Monday morning! See ya tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed getting to talk to you at the reunion. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers