Monday, July 18, 2011

Nails...Short, Long, Real, Fake

I hope everyone has had a great Monday, I had a little episode with my allergies (my eyes swelled! Eek!!) Other than that I had a pretty good one. I have been wanting to do a post like this for awhile, but kept putting it off, but not today! I love pampering myself, and I believe there should be at least one thing all of us do to make us feel pretty while also relaxing us. I do this by getting my nails done, I go to a local Nail Salon every 2 weeks to get a fill in and a pedicure (which is to die for!) I have been wearing tips for a very long time, I always had a bad habit of biting my nails (uck!) that is why I had them put on. Now I am not really into some of the funky shades I have seen out, I am more into the neutral, reds, mauve, light pink shades. One of my all time favorite colors is OPI Bubble Bath. It is very clean and neutral, and it goes with every thing. And you can wear it all year round!


I have really short hands, so I think a short/medium length looks better on me. I also like the Squoval shape for my nails. I have tried to round shape and I don't really care for it on me, but I love it on everyone I have seen it on. Of course you have to give your nails a break from the acrylic every now and then, and that is when I have my set soaked off and I have Shellac CND put on. Shellac is fast, last for 14 days, and you can not chip it, which is exactly what I need. I type all the time so when I would paint my own nails it would chip, not with this stuff. Seriously 14 days after I had it put on it was still shiny as the day it was put on. I had it first done in Manassas at PR and Partners a spa that my sister works at. I then came back to SW VA and I could not find anyone who could do it right. But then I found The Olive Branch Spa in Clintwood, VA and they did a great job, just like I had done in Manassas! My favorite color when I have the Shellac done is negligee.

See short and stubby....told ya!

As for right now I am wearing Pink and White, which is the french tip but it is done with pink and white powders. I had grown out of the whole French Tip look, because it seems that is what everyone else dose and I like to stand out. But I love the classy look of it, and so I also had my manicure done in french style.


Some of my other favorite colors are; OPI Cajun Shrimp, Essie Eternal Optimist, OPI I'm Really Not a Waitress, Essie Watermelon, Essie Raspberry, and OPI Red. What are some of your favorite nail colors, and shapes?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers