Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer in the South


Summer in the South, yes it is really hot I know, but there are so many other things that are great about it too. Decorating, finding a new antique store, peach stands, taking that much needed vacation from life and work. Sitting out on the front porch reading a good book, drinking a cold glass of homemade lemonade, and on some nights if your lucky you will be able to fall asleep to the rain falling on a tin roof. I am fortunate enough to live beside a creek and I can listen to the running water whenever I want, that is something great to fall asleep to. The smell right before it rains, the smell of fresh cut grass, catching lighting bugs in mason jars, making sauerkraut, family reunions,  I could go on and on about things I love about summer.


I also love redecorating for the summer! Out with the dark of fall/winter, and in with the bright and colorful of spring/summer! I bring out the new curtains, bedding, and decorations to brighten up my home. I LOVE to decorate, laud if I had the money I would love for my room to look like this...FAB!!! I just love toile, it is so chic!


What are some of your favorite things to do for new seasons?



Hope you all have a great hump day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers