Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Very First Friends

One night in the late 70's there was a bond that was forged that would lead to 3 great friendships that has last 30 + years. They were my first friends, they ones I told all my secrets to, played hide and seek, and dress up with. Their names are Talitha, and Talena and they are my two amazingly beautiful sisters! Now I know most of you are now scratching your heads at these names. Yeap you read them right! Talitha is the first born, then its me Twana am the second, and Talena is the baby. My mom had nothing to do with out names, nope that honor was all my dads. He said he wanted us to be unique, and that he accomplished! I am from a very small town, so you can beat that everyone knew our names!

Most siblings that I know are not as close as the 3 of us are, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Even though life has taken us different places, or will be taking us soon we still talk as much as we can. Talitha is living in the DC metro area and I miss her so much, even though she has been living there for 10 years. Even to this day when I go and visit, as I am leaving I cry. Talena lives with me as of now, but come November she is going off to boot camp. She enlisted in the Navy, and don't get me wrong I am so proud of her, and I know she will be great in everything she does, it's just letting her go that kills me.  I have cried so many tears lately about this, even as I type this I have started to cry. I have never not had one of them with me, and now they are both gone. (sigh)

                                                   From left to right: Me, Talena, Talitha


I ask all of you to keep my sister Talena in your thoughts and prayers and she starts this new chapter in her life, and remember me also to help me cope with her leaving home.


                                                              This one cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers