Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My new addiction......


This amazing app/website has become one of my favorite past time in the past couple of months. I was introduced to it by a lady I work with, and after 4 weeks of waiting to get a pin I was addicted. Any down time at work, riding in a car, or even waiting in line at the drive-thru  you will catch me pinning away! If you have never heard of www.Pinterest.com, you need to go there NOW and request a pin, or ask me and I can send you an invite. The website not only has photos of homes, gardens, weddings, babies, clothes, but they also have recipes and DIY crafts. My friend M tried a couple of recipes, when we had a girls night a couple of weeks ago, and they were to die for! Here are a couple of things I am wanting to try.


 A DYI bowl made of buttons! If goes step by step on  how to make this amazing piece of art. Then if you know me, you know that my favorite soda is Dr. Pepper. So of course when I saw these I knew I would  have to make the ASAP!

  
Dr. Pepper cupcakes! Are they not amazing looking! I love how they used the cans as the cupcake holders, a neat idea I had never thought of. The recipe is also included on this pin.

So I guess your wandering what "Pinterest" and "pins" are so here you go! (via pinterest.com)


Pinning 101

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.

What is a pin?

A pin is an image added to Pinterest. A pin can be a dded from a website using the Pin It button, or you can upload images from your computer. Each pin added using the Pin It button links back to the site it came from.

What is a board?

A board is a set of pins. A board can be created on any topic, such as Cool Posters, Recipes For Dinner, or Wishlist. You can add as many pins to a board as you want.

What is following?

“Following All” means you'll have all of a user’s pins on all their boards shown to you in real-time on Pinterest. If the user makes new boards, you will automatically follow them.
You can follow individual boards if you're only interested in seeing a user's pins to specific boards.
You can unfollow boards and users at any time: they will not be notified.

So there you  have it my friends! Just a few tidbits of Pintrest and how to get started, believe me you will not regret it! 


 

1 comment:

  1. Twana,
    Hi. I did not realize you were a blogger. I wish you the best of luck with your effort. It can be very therapeutic. There are more times I miss painting and blogging every day than there are ones I do not it seems lately.
    I will make a point to check in more often to keep up with you.

    ...oh, and you are right Pinning rocks!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers